Wednesday 10 October 2012

How quarkXpress helped me to create my contents page

When i made my contents page for my school magazine, i was introduced to a new software called QuarkXpress. The page setup i used was very specific to my contents page and helped me a lot. First of all i had to open up QuarkXpress and start a new file. Then i selected project and ticked the small box on the screen and selected facing pages. In my magazine plan i only had 2 columns so i stuck to my plan and selected 2 columns before pressing okay and making the full page fit in the window. I had to make 4 pages. One of them being a front cover, one being a contents page and the other twoo being a double page spread.

QuarkXpress was suprisingly easy to use when i got used to the software. At first it looked a lot more complicated than Adobe Photoshop. But all i had to do was simply create text and picture boxes and insert the relevant information and photos i had previously taken and make the layout follow the codes and conventions of a ordinary magazine contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment